5 activities to do in Victoria Falls
Do you know where you are travelling to next? Is it going to going to be some island or maybe this time around you want to try some adventure and safari? This is the perfect time to travel to Victoria Falls and see the mighty Zambezi and experience some amazing temperatures…
Victoria Falls, located on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, is one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders. Known as “Mosi-oa-Tunya” or “The Smoke That Thunders” in the local Tonga language, the falls are a must-see destination for any traveller. Here are five activities you can do to make the most of your visit to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe:
- Take a guided tour of the falls: The best way to experience the falls is by taking a guided tour. This will give you the opportunity to learn about the history and geology of the falls, as well as some of the local legends and myths associated with them.
2. Go white-water rafting on the Zambezi River: For the more adventurous traveller, white-water rafting on the Zambezi River is a thrilling activity that offers an up-close view of the falls. The rapids are graded from grade 5 to grade 5+ which is the most challenging.
3. Take a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River: For a more leisurely experience, take a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River. This is a great way to see the falls from a different perspective and enjoy the river’s tranquillity.
4. Go bungee jumping or zip-lining over the falls: For a truly heart-pumping experience, consider bungee jumping or zip-lining over the falls. Several companies offer these activities and provide an unparalleled view of the falls.
5. Visit the Victoria Falls National Park: The Victoria Falls National Park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and buffalo. Take a game drive or a guided walk to spot some of the animals and enjoy the park’s natural beauty.
Victoria Falls is a destination that offers something for everyone and I am sure we can all find some more activities to add to this list. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or a chance to learn about the local culture and history, there’s an activity for you. I can’t wait to go check it out! #TravelGoals