Portuguese-style chorizo pasta salad recipe
Portuguese-style chorizo pasta salad recipe. Nothing beats this pasta salad made of simple flavourful ingredients. Easy to put together and even easier to eat.
* 300g Coles Penne Rigate pasta
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
* 200g haloumi, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup (75g) sriracha mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup (60g) Coles Light Sour Cream
* 350g pkt Coles Kitchen Kaleslaw Salad Kit, salad mix only
* 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crossways
* 2 tbsp chopped oregano
4 Method / Steps
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 mins or until al dente. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Add the haloumi to the pan. Cook for 1 min on each side or until golden and heated through.
Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream and 2 tbs warm water in a small jug until well combined. Add the salad mix, onion, chorizo, haloumi and oregano to the pasta in the bowl. Toss to combine.
Transfer the pasta mixture to a serving platter. Drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture and season to serve.
source – cooking365coza