Madonna has reportedly resumed rehearsals for her Celebration Tour following her hospitalization for a bacterial infection.
“She is very much still in recovery, but Madonna has been chomping at the bit to get back to rehearsals,” a source told The Sun Monday.
The insider added that the Queen of Pop, 64, has been preparing in the Big Apple before kicking off her world tour in London on Oct. 14.
“Not only has she hired the Coliseum in New York but she’s also hired out a second venue in London for the final week of dress rehearsals,” the source continued.
“Normally she would like to have the final week in the same venue she kicks off in.
“But due to Blink-182’s comeback gigs at the O2, her team won’t be able to get access until the day before.”
Reps for the “Like a Virgin” hitmaker weren’t immediately available for comment. Before being rushed to the hospital in June, a source close to production told Page Six that the singer had been “strenuously rehearsing” at Nassau Coliseum for her tour.
“She had been putting in 12-hour days,” an insider said.
Madonna was admitted to the intensive care unit after she was found unresponsive, but her longtime manager, Guy Oseary, said at the time that “a full recovery is expected.”
Last month, the “Like a Prayer” singer gave her fans an update on Instagram, announcing that she was slowly able to dance again.
“To be able to move my body and dance just a little bit makes me feel like the Luckiest Star in the world!” the singer captioned a video of her rocking out to her 1984 hit “Lucky Star.”
“Thank you to all of my fans and friends! You must be my lucky stars too!” she continued.
And just last week, Madonna shared snaps of herself dolled up in a black corset as she teased her return to the stage.
“All dressed up and Nowhere to go. But Soon, Very Soon, I’ll be traveling to you. #celebrationtour,” she captioned the post.
The “Vogue” singer announced in January that she would be going on a worldwide tour to honor her 40th year in the music industry.
In other news – Prince Harry snubbed from another award after failing to win over public voters
Prince Harry has been dealt a heavy new blow as he has been snubbed from another award after failing to land the shortlist for the upcoming National Television Awards, a nomination that is determined by popular vote.
The Duke of Sussex was longlisted to win a spot for the award’s TV interview category for his famous 95-minute interview with journalist Tom Bradby titled ‘Harry: The Interview.’ During the talk Harry spoke exclusively on the eve of the publication of his explosive autobiography Spare in January. Read More