Nia Long and her ex, Ime Udoka, have reached an agreement when it comes to their custody battle over their 12-year-old son, Kez. According to court documents obtained by ET, Long will receive child support from Udoka in the amount of $32,500 per month. This figure is slightly about half as much as the court initially said she might be entitled to, but was what she and Udoka finally agreed upon.
Additionally, Long was granted sole physical custody of Kez, while Ime will be given reasonable visitation rights, as his schedule — and Long’s — permits. According to the documents, Udoka has a “5 percent timeshare” with Kez, while Long will have the other 95 percent.
The documents state, “If the parties are unable to agree upon Udoka’s visitation with Kez, they shall consult and work together with Kez’s treating therapist to encourage the visits with Udoka, and the therapist will inform the parties of what is best for Kez. The parties shall work together to facilitate Udoka’s visitation.”
Meanwhile, the pair will still share joint legal custody and thus “shall share the right and responsibility to make decisions relating to Kez’s health, education, and welfare.”
“Long and Udoka shall confer with each other before making such decisions and confirm their decisions in writing. If the parties are unable to agree, then Long shall have the authority to make the decision for Kez provided Long has given Udoka 24 hours’ advance written notice that she is making the decision,” the documents explain.
Udoka was eventually fired by the Celtics and was later picked up as the coach for the Houston Rockets. The actress began dating Udoka in 2009 and the couple got engaged in 2015. They welcomed Kez on Nov. 7, 2011. Long also has a 23-year-old son, Massai, from a previous relationship.
In other news – Michael Phelps welcomes 4th child with wife Nicole
Michael Phelps, 38, has welcomed his fourth child with his wife Nicole Phelps. The former professional swimmer took to Instagram to share the happy news in a post that included a sweet photo of him holding the newborn wrapped in a blanket while his spouse lovingly looked on. He was shirtless and had his hair pulled up into a bun and she wore a denim blue button-down top.
“@mrs.nicolephelps and I wanna welcome Nico Michael Phelps to the world. Born on 1/16. We’re so blessed to be given a 4th child. We’re now a family of 6! 😁😁🤪😂,” Michael wrote in the caption. Read More