Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse are engaged! The couple, who have been dating since 2018, have kept their relationship largely private, making the engagement news even more unexpected,
As source confirmed the news, first reported by People, to ET, adding, “They’re incredibly happy and excited for their future together as a couple and family.”
Pattinson and Waterhouse first sparked rumors of a romantic connection when they were spotted showing public displays of affection in London in July 2018. Since then, they have maintained a low profile, rarely speaking about their relationship in public. Despite the secrecy, their love story continues to blossom, and now they are ready to take the next step.
The engagement rumors first surfaced in early 2019 when Waterhouse was spotted wearing a ring on that finger during a Dior dinner party in Paris, France, with Pattinson. However, the couple chose to remain tightlipped about the speculations.
In a February 2023 interview with The Sunday Times, Waterhouse expressed her shock at being so happy with someone for nearly five years. She revealed that despite their busy schedules, the couple never goes more than two months without seeing each other.
“I’m shocked that I’m so happy with someone for nearly five years,” Waterhouse exclaimed. “I had two days off the other day, and it was like, no question I’m going back to see him.”
The engagement news comes on the heels of a series of public appearances by the couple, including their red carpet debut at the Dior Men Fall 2023 show in Giza, Egypt, and attending the Met Gala together for the first time in May 2023.
The joyous occasion was followed by another surprise announcement on Nov. 19, 2023, when Waterhouse revealed on stage at the Corona Capital Festival in Mexico City that she and Pattinson are expecting their first child.
“I’m extra sparkly today because I thought it might distract you from something else that’s going on,” Waterhouse told the audience, pointing to her growing baby bump. “I’m not sure if it’s working.”
In other news – Vin Diesel denies s.e.x.ual battery allegations by ex-assistant
Vin Diesel has “categorically denied” his former assistant’s claim that he “forced himself on her.” In the lawsuit, the ex-assistant claims Diesel groped her in his hotel suite at Atlanta’s St. Regis hotel during the production of Fast 5 in 2010. The filing says his assistant had been initially tasked with organizing parties and catering to the Hollywood actor’s needs.
However, the claimant alleges the star “groped her breasts” when the pair were alone. She said she had been asked to help escort the actor from the hotel they were in to avoid paparazzi after he had allegedly been “entertaining multiple women”. Diesel’s attorney Bryan Freedman has now released a statement that read: “Let me be very clear Vin Diesel categorically denies this claim in its entirety. Read More